• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Shax's Moderator Application (X10000)

What's your in-game name and your real name? Adam & AdamShax

How old are you? 16, 17 next month

What country do you live in and what timezone is this? England GMT+0 

How did you find Raiders Heaven? My friend H371

Do you use a microphone? Yes

Have you ever been a staff member on any other rust servers? No

How long have you been playing on our servers? Not sure, first logged on a while back. But came back to it 3 weeks maybe

Do you work well with new people?  Yes, I can work well with new people

Why do you want to become staff on Raiders Heaven? I believe I should be considered for the moderator position, as there are hardly any mods on when I go online. I occasionally see FrostyFrags, but one moderator isn't enough to deal with the growing player base. Other reasons I believe I should be considered is that I am mature, friendly and can get along with pretty much everyone. I also have previous moderating experience (Not on rust) where I used to lead teams of administrators and moderators, even co-owned a server for a while, where we had to hire and run staff according to what the server demand was. I believe it's quite like this, but it's more working my way up from the bottom like where I started there, as that's the only way you can learn how to do it correctly and with the experience to handle the situations you'll get thrown into if you advance into the administering role or a hire moderating role.

A further reason for consideration is my typing and grammar skill, I occasionally spell words wrong, or type incorrectly but not very often. So I can communicate well in English, either talking or typing. So players will not have any issues understanding what I am typing or trying to explain to them as I will get it across as easily as possible for them to understand and take it in, if they don't get it, I can explain it more times in detail as I have the time to help the players the best I could while in game, or even helping them if they sent me private messages while I was playing or doing something else, I wouldn't have any issues helping them out at different times as long as I can message and have the time to help them.The final reasons I believe I should be considered is the time which I play, I live in GMT+0, but I normally play around midnight to around sort of 5 or 6am, which covers another timezone, so I can be more useful as a moderator over those timezones as well as my own.

If your application is approved how many hours per day will you put into your role? Not sure of the time per day as I am not around every day, but the days I am on I normally play around 6 hours, most of the time over.

This section will ask you questions about your knowledge, no help/instruction is given.

Do you know what we offer on our servers to normal players as well as donating members?  I know what you offer to normal players, as for the donator packages, I do not know as of yet.

What language are you supposed to use on our servers to communicate with players and staff? English only

What would you do if you find out about a staff member abusing and found considerable evidence? I would take the evidence and save it, either screen shot or video and report it to Unarmed Turtle or someone like the owner if he wasn't around.

Your friends join the server and want you to give them some services only a moderator can provide, how do you respond to it? I would ask what they needed, if they wanted me to abuse I'd tell them no, as it's unfair on other players, but if they wanted actually help I'd help them like anyone else.

Someone is repetitively breaking our terms of service, what do you do to stop this? First I would give them a warning about the rules and inform them, if they continue then I'd have to kick them for it. If it them continued I would have to ask someone to either ban them or if a moderator has the power to ban, ban them myself. After multiple warnings and telling him he'll be banned if he continues to break the TOS.

A player messages you about their ban, what do you do? Link them the forums and tell them they can post a ban appeal there.

Anything else you would like to add? My crush is H371, he's my one and only love <3
We've recently changed over our application template, sadly were going to need you to change your application over.
Updated, thank you
Thanks for the brilliant application, are you available today/nowish on teamspeak?
Well Your mod app is very good but I have not seen you on much. Also you foundation raided me which is against the rules and to be mod reading the rules is a good start.
We had to foundation raid the base we did, no doors, no route to the loot, No way to get to the walls as the foundations where raised to high? What else were we supposed to do other than foundation raid? I also spoke to the owner to get clarification about the rule as I knew it was against the rules.

Also with the issue of not seeing me on, we play at a odd time. Sort of midnight to 6am is the sort of time I am on, which is weird for the GMT+0,

However thank you for the input Smile I'll make sure to clear up with the rules a little more, and take what you said into consideration.
(10-20-2016, 01:10 AM)AdamShax Wrote: We had to foundation raid the base we did, no doors, no route to the loot, No way to get to the walls as the foundations where raised to high? What else were we supposed to do other than foundation raid? I also spoke to the owner to get clarification about the rule as I knew it was against the rules.

Also with the issue of not seeing me on, we play at a odd time. Sort of midnight to 6am is the sort of time I am on, which is weird for the GMT+0,

However thank you for the input Smile I'll make sure to clear up with the rules a little more, and take what you said into consideration.

Wait so you broke the rules even thought You knew exactly what the rules were? ok... Also You say "we" so you could have boosted up on the foundation and found the cupboard.
No rules were broken. I had to clear it up with the owner, your house was unraidable without breaking foundations. & Thinking back we could have boosted up yes, but it would make any difference maybe 3 c4 difference. We had to break foundations due to the way it was built. It had 3 layers of foundation. How can we get the tool cupboard when it was in the middle layer, no possible way in.
(10-20-2016, 03:16 PM)AdamShax Wrote: No rules were broken. I had to clear it up with the owner, your house was unraidable without breaking foundations. & Thinking back we could have boosted up yes, but it would make any difference maybe 3 c4 difference. We had to break foundations due to the way it was built. It had 3 layers of foundation. How can we get the tool cupboard when it was in the middle layer, no possible way in.

You could have boosted on the the foundation and blew into the middle to get the cupard....
And if I was alone? I couldn't your base was unraidable, I'm sorry but it's the truth and you're going to have to bite the bullet. I'm not trying to argue just laying my point across. Build a raidable base if you don't expect to be foundation raided.